A very brief summary CV is provided below. Please click on the icons to the right in order to obtain full CV's in PDF format.
Ronald Peter SMIT - Summary CV
- Project management in developing countries
- Institutional support: mining sector governance and development
- Mineral exploration
- Communication and liaison
- Capacity building and skills transfer
- Team membership and leadership
- Feb 2019 - present: Consultant, Mineral Export Valuation, Mongolia and Zambia. Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development (IGF).
- Jan 2015 - Jan 2019: Team Leader, Mineral Production Monitoring Support Project (MPMSP), Zambia. Component of the EU-funded Public Finance Management programme. Adam Smith International.
- Jul 2008 - present: Owner/principal, Ron Smit Consulting
- Jul 2005 - Jun 2008: Project Manager, National Environmental Impact Assessment and Strategic Environmental Assessment Project, Ghana. EU-funded Mining Sector Support Programme. HifabGruppen AB.
- Dec 2003 - Jun 2005: Mining/exploration consultant.
- May 2001 - Nov 2003: Completed MBA studies.
- Jan 1995 - Apr 2001: Manager - Exploration (West Africa), Ghana. JCI Limited and subsidiary companies.
- May 1991 - Dec 1994: Ore Evaluation Manager and Exploration Manager (Africa), Johannesburg Consolidated Investment Company Ltd., South Africa.
- May 1987 - Apr 1991: Senior Geologist - Evaluation, Johannesburg Consolidated Investment Company Ltd., South Africa.
- Sep 1984 - Apr 1987: Senior Geologist, GENCOR, South Africa.
- Jan 1982 - Sep 1984: Geologist, General Mining Union Corporation, South Africa.
- 2003 - MBA, Heriot-Watt University (Edinburgh Business School), Scotland, UK
- 1992 - M.Sc.(Eng.)(Mining) in the field of Mineral Economics, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 1986 - Dip.Data. (Diploma in Datametrics, Computer Science), University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa
- 1979 - B.Sc.(Hons.)(Geology), University of Johannesburg (previously known as Rand Afrikaans University), South Africa
- 1978 - B.Sc.(Earth Sciences), University of Johannesburg (previously known as Rand Afrikaans University), South Africa
- English - Fluent
- Afrikaans - Fluent
- Dutch - Fluent
- French - Basic
- German - Basic
Memberships and registrations
- KIVI-NIRIA - Royal Dutch Institute of Engineers
- KNGMG - Royal Geological and Mining Society of the Netherlands
- SGA - Society for Geology Applied to Mineral Deposits
- SAIMM - Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- GSSA - Geological Society of South Africa
- SACNASP - Registered as a Professional Natural Scientist (Pr. Sci.Nat) with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions. Field: Geological Science. Reg. no.: 400145/86.
- Born 8/12/1956 in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Nationalities: Republic of South Africa; Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Married, 3 sons